Position: Back-End Software Developer
Status: Full-time, permanent (40 hours / week)
Reporting To: Software Development Manager
Salary: Dependent on Qualifications
Please click here to apply.
What are we looking for?
A back-end Software Developer with an in-depth knowledge of multi-platform software development environments. You thrive working within a dynamic, challenging environment within the parameters of delivery deadlines, while maintaining open lines of communication relating to the status of a given project and it’s risks and challenges. You will encourage team awareness and appropriate adoption of emerging technologies.
• Develop and maintain a high performance, scalable platform
• Maintain existing back-end services; design and implement highly scalable APIs
• Collaborate with other developers
• Provide guidance to external third parties on utilization of public SDK
• Test, debug, and write code that works across different platforms, and
• Write well-organized and reusable code that is easy to maintain by other
• Provide feedback to improve the quality of the product and reduce unnecessary
complexity of the application
• Work with other departments to ensure high quality and timely delivery
• Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments
• BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
• At least 5 years experience in a multi-platform (web and mobile at minimum)
software development environment
• At least 2 years of experience with the following:
➢ Experience scaling back-end infrastructure and APIs
➢ Software architecture, code design patterns and maintainability
➢ Solid fundamental understanding of web technologies including HTTP, REST
services and JSON
➢ Security mechanisms (SSL, Mac, JWT, SSH, OpenVPN, IPSec)
➢ Server side language(s) (PHP, NodeJS/Express, Bash, Perl, Python)
➢ TDD tools (PHPUnit, Jasmine, Mocha, Chai, Sinon)
➢ Relational databases experience (MySQL, MS SQL Server)
➢ NoSQL databases experience (DynamoDB, MongoDB, CassandraDB)
➢ Object caching technologies (Redis, Memcached, Couchbase)
• Strong track record with Agile practices
• Experience with HTTP Caching like (CDN, Browser cache)
• Experience with cloud computing AWS and serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda
• Proficient with source-control tools and practices, i.e. Git
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
• Exposure to application containers like Docker
• Experience building and deploying micro services
• Strong debugging skills
• You are comfortable working in a high-growth, fast-paced environment
• Experience building UX/UI for web, mobile or desktop applications a plus
Looking for a great opportunity?
We need energized, inspired people who are willing to push boundaries and are passionately committed to surpassing our goals.At Intellitix we’re building a world-class information-based technology company, shaping the future of the live event industry by offering ingenuity, simplicity and exciting technologies to our customers. Intellitix’s technology platform has enhanced over 25 million guest experiences at live events around the world. Our custom-tailored, market-tested solutions are based on decades of experience in the live event industry. Intellitix works seamlessly with RFID wristband manufacturers, multiple ticketing companies, and event management platforms.
Why Choose Intellitix?
Be part of a winning global team, where you will thrive in a culture that values collaboration and openness. We offer a fast-paced environment, and the opportunity to contribute significantly and put your fingerprint on the development and direction of our platform. As part of an international company you will experience the intimacy of a well-built virtual team while having the opportunity to collaborate with individuals from across Canada, the US and Europe.
We are committed to providing employees with a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide a diverse, flexible and enjoyable work environment.
Please click here to apply.