Position: Network Field Specialist
Location: USA or Canada
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Reporting To: Director, Site Operations
Years of Experience: 3-5
Job Type: Contract
Who are we looking for?
A field specialist is a professional specialized in providing skilled and quality technical services on the field. Field specialist responsibilities include a wide range of technical requirements. The Network Field Specialist is responsible to make use of the latest technologies. This role is involved in performing complex duties on the field while preparing equipment and ensuring that all the work activities are carried out quickly and efficiently.
- Able to speak intelligently about TCP/IP technology;
- Able to configure VLANs (understands tags and trunks);
- Ability to facilitate technical conversations involving networks with both experienced and novice clients/staff;
- Deep understanding and application of wireless technology (channel planning, interference, detection and correction);
- Understanding of IP routing;
- Routinely inspects air quality for P&P links and end-user access;
- Routinely tests and monitors network for performance and troubleshooting;
- Familiarity with common wireless controllers and their operation is an asset;
- Ensures monitoring is operational and accurate;
- Ability to terminate Cat5 cable to TIA-568B Standard;
- Knowledge of physical cabling/connections (RJ45, fiber, etc) and conventions;
- Required to work a variety of shifts and/or hours, including evenings and weekends to assist with the successful launch and execution of projects and events;
- Knowledge of firewalls (pfSense);
- Knowledge of VPN (OpenVPN);
- Knowledge of a monitoring system such as Nagios or Zabbix is an asset;
- May be required to travel from time-to-time to different company offices and event locations;
- 3 – 5 years experience in related field;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You have demonstrated knowledge and experience in developing, implementing and maintaining system technology solutions;
- You have analytical, evaluation and problem-solving skills including the ability to assess client business needs;
- Must be willing to support technicians worldwide in various time zones;
- Must be fluent in English, preference will be given to bilingual (English/French) applicants.
- Basic knowledge of SysOps and LAMP trouble shooting is an asset;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
Why Choose Intellitix?
As a member of the Intellitix team you will be part of an energetic team atmosphere and be a direct contributor to our success at the individual and team level. You will be part of a global team dealing with offices and clients located around the world including Canada, Europe and the United States. As part of an international company you will experience the intimacy of a well-built virtual team while having the opportunity collaborate with individuals from countries around the world. We are committed to providing employees with a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide a diverse, flexible and enjoyable work environment.
We thank all applicants in advance for expressing interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.