Position: Network Field Technician
Location: USA or Canada
Salary: Dependant on Qualifications
Reporting to: Director, Site Operations
Years of Experience: 1 – 3 years
Job Type: Contractual
A field technician is a professional specialized in providing skilled and quality technical services on the field. This role is involved in making sure that the cables and access points and any other pieces of equipment is deployed at the event on scheduled and properly.
- Ability to terminate Cat5 cable to TIA-568B Standard;
- Knowledge of physical cabling/connections (RJ45, fiber, etc) and conventions;
- Required to work a variety of shifts and/or hours, including evenings and weekends to assist with the successful launch and execution of projects and events;
- Required to travel from time-to-time to different company offices and event locations;
- Able to speak intelligently about TCP/IP technology;
- Understanding of IP routing;
- Familiarity with common wireless controllers and their operation is an asset;
- 1 – 3 years experience in related field;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You have demonstrated knowledge and experience in implementing and maintaining system technology solutions;
- You have analytical, evaluation and problem-solving skills including the ability to assess client business needs;
Why Choose Intellitix?
As a member of the Intellitix team you will be part of an energetic team atmosphere and be a direct contributor to our success at the individual and team level. You will be part of a global team dealing with offices and clients located around the world including Canada, Europe and the United States. As part of an international company you will experience the intimacy of a well-built virtual team while having the opportunity collaborate with individuals from countries around the world. We are committed to providing employees with a healthy work-life balance and strive to provide a diverse, flexible and enjoyable work environment.
We thank all applicants in advance for expressing interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.