Intellitix has had a tremendous year in the global live events market, seeing a twentyfold growth in our cashless transactions in 2014. More than four million cashless transactions were made using Intellitix’s proprietary cashless payment system, totaling over $50 million USD in on-site spending in the past 12 months, compared to $2 million USD in 2013.
We’ve partnered with more than 40 events in 10 countries including the United Kingdom (England, Scotland), Belgium, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Norway, Australia, the United States, Mexico and Canada. The live festival market in France will also be joining the roster of fully cashless events powered by Intellitix, starting with Garorock.
2014 has been a turning point for cashless payment technology with some of the world’s largest event organizers, sporting and gastronomic events getting on board and embracing the benefits it can bring – from shorter queuing times to improved security and accountability, as well as the opportunity to access a wealth of data.
Some of the significant milestones for Intellitix included deploying:
- The first fully cashless experience in North America at Mysteryland USA
- The first fully cashless experience in Canada at Bud Light Digital Dreams
- The first fully cashless food festival in Canada at the Taste of Toronto
- The first fully cashless food festival in the UK at the Taste of London Winter
- The largest RFID deployment to date at TomorrowWorld in Atlanta, GA (access control of over 160,000 visitors and more than 500,000 cashless transactions) and at The 2014 Gleneagles Ryder Cup in Scotland (access control, cashless payment and social media integrated brand activations) over the same weekend
The success of the company’s fully immersive RFID deployments demonstrates the scalability and robust capability of Intellitix’s platform.